Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in changing from my Pro-Kits, they are not dropping me as far as I want to go.

The two springs that I am considering are listed above. Please respond accordingly, and offer any pictures that you have with either of these units installed. Which units of the above do you reccommend?

I appreciate your time.
~Darren

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
H&R

I think most people will tell you the H&R's. Eibach are known to sag. Here are the SuperSports on my car.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ken...

That looks TIGHT...are you running the isolators or are they removed. That drop is considerably lower than my Pro-Kit...

Very Nice...

Do you have any other pics from different angles?
~Darren

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
pics

Actually that is the only decent pic I have of it after the drop. I just did it a week or two ago. I do have a bunch of before pics. Click the web link below if you want to see those. I did leave the isolators on. I also have the MM c/c plates, very nice. I wouldn't leave the isolators off IMO. I think my drop is perfect. The car handles great, good drop, and I still can go over speed bumps (2 in my parking lot) without scraping. I'll be taking some more pics this weekend if the weather is good.

Ken

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Actually, I dropping off my car tomorrow. A local tire shop recommended Performance Alignment in Blue Ash. Looks like a top notch race shop. And it's only $50. I let you know how it goes.

Ken

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you get the SS springs, you will love them.
They ride excellent and handle like a dream.

You will need C/C plates, I did anyway, and a serious alignment.

P.S.
You also may not be able to get better than -1.1 camber out of the passenger side (Ford manufacturing tolerances) unless you grind strut tower holes or modify the spindle.:eek: even with C/C plates. This is not definite, just a FYI on some cars.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Best place to find H&R SS Springs?

Where is the best/cheapest place to find some H&R springs? How much is a good price on them?

Thanks,

Mony

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: Best place to find H&R SS Springs?

Mony said:
Where is the best/cheapest place to find some H&R springs? How much is a good price on them?

Thanks,

Mony
I found tirerack.com to be the cheapest. Not by much though. Should cost a little of $200

·
Registered
155 Posts
See my sig--I have owned them both IMO HR all the way--HR are made in Germany and have much better quality control--eibach is good--HR is better--ratman:joy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts