Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just did the headswap but i have no manifolds on my car. i am going to install my hooker longtubes tomorrow, but i was just wanting to know if i can start it up for just like 5 seconds to see if it will run thanks

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
You Could Mess up A valve Or Seal Or Something If ya Let it Run for Too Long, But I Cant See Just Starting It Up For a Sec Doing Damage, Just dont Go Driving Around Like That :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ended up starting it up. after a couple minutes of chugging it started right up. LOUD AS A ****. that is and understatement, i dunno if it was so loud idlying because of the cams or what but it was loud. I shut it off after about 5 seconds, and did it again about 5 minutues later and it did the same thing and i shut it off again. it turned out that i spewed gas everywhere in my engine because i was missing and enjector o-rings but then i was also leaking some oil. i didnt have my dispstick tube in, so do you think that could be the cause?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What Part of The Motor was Covered In oil?
Did you Transfer the Oil Plugs Over To The New Heads?

Good Luck,
~Veech~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.