Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently in the middle of installing the On3 turbo for my notch. It's a 68mm that we're going to keep around 6-10 pounds of boost. I was all set to close the PCV valve on the intake and run a breather on the oil tube, but after looking a bit deeper, some have told me I need to have more of an escape for the pressure in the system. So, question No. 1: Is that true? Will this not be enough of a relief? And if the answer is yes, question No. 2: What's the best way to resolve this?

I've looked into a rubber grommet that would be inserted into a one-inch hole with a breather, but if there's so much pressure, wouldn't that just blow right out? There's really no room on the drivers side for me to install another tube (like on the passenger side), which is why I was looking at the lower profile ones. I don't know how to do the whole AN fitting business to an oil separator, as I've heard some say. If that's the best (and really only way), does anyone have a video on how to do this?

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I would run a -12 on a valve cover going to a breather tank. That should cover it unless your blow by is out of control. Under 10lbs shouldn’t pose too much of an issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts