Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OMG! a total cat-ass-trophy.

i was driving around last night-- first time with a fully loaded car. i was exciting a parking lot with a med. size bump when i felt a distinct "thump". i wasn't able to check at the time and continued on.

later @ home i look under the car, and noticed something hanging off the right cat and it looks "twisted" obliquely? some yellow plastic/paint was what was hanging and the twisting may be just in my head since i don't recall what it looked like uninjured.

1. what problems should i look into? it drove fine but my mind raced at the poss. of breaking engine mounts or something. am i being paranoid?

2. how can i fix this? raise the car with isolaters?

please, anyone out there with some knowledge in these matters. i need support from my favorite support group.

:mad: :confused: :(

·
Registered
303 Posts
My guess is that w/your car lowered you smacked a speed-bump w/one of your catalytic converters.. and that's what the yellow paint was.

I drag all the time when going over large speed bumps and such... but I have yet to rip one off. I think you'd have to SMASH something going pretty fast or a HUGE speedbump to do real damage. Only way to check is crawl under the car and just look and see. Should be easy to know if you did more than cosmetic damage to the cat.

Good luck.. and go SLOW over speed bumps... lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arrrgghh

dang bump! i read my email last night and i sound like an insane man. this car is precious to me, though.:D

seriously though, urethane isolators-- anybody tried this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts