Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Old timer
6,565 Posts
Ed, is your second picture the same car as your first picture?
The color looks the same, so I was trying to figure out if that was the evolution for that car.
The "Big Girl" NMRA Hot Street car and the "Evil Twin" in Real Street... About 2001 or so...

Reactions: seijirou

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I wish I had pictures of it but one of my early mods and first purchases on here was a stock intake that was cut/welded and hogged out. I wish I could remember who it came from, it was a pretty nice piece. Welds were mostly ground down and it was painted perfectly. If my memory serves me right I picked up about 15hp to the wheels from that damn thing with E7 heads.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Im not gonna lie, most of my “engine pictures” are all Pro Stock 426 Hemi’s. I own 2 Ford but… I can’t ever have enough 1960’s and 1970’s Super Stock and Pro Stock engines in my camera roll. Its all chrome valve covers and yellow Accel Super Stock plug wires in there.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Here's the original hemi killer, the Cammer;
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
40 Posts
I haven't done too much with period correct motors in the older cars, mostly EFI or odd ball motor swaps.
I did have one strange year where I worked on four different Panteras, which are interesting, but a pain to work on.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Hood Vehicle Car Grille Motor vehicle

I didn't work on this one, we just dyno'd it. It was a nice looking set up though...

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
superfluous.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Well Don...
Since this thread is one big clutter. I will clutter along as I feel.
You don't need to explain how your brain works.
I shouldn't have to and wouldn't go complaining to a moderator. I would hope the OP would realize this isn't where it belongs.
But seeing how this isn't being moderated I figured I would point it out.
So sorry for offending you...

Regards ,
Chris

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
superfluous.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I think people would use exhaust headers for intake manifolds. Probably taking inspiration from the GT40 Tubular. I have a pic of one pretty similar View attachment 1085852
That's different. His picture clearly has the turbine driven by the ports on the valley side of the heads.
I can't identify the engine though so wondering if it's originally designed this way or something one-off with custom heads and cam.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts