Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95gt with 130K on it. I know it had NOS before me. It also has basic bolt ons.
I just bought an S-trim with a powerpipe and a cobra intake.

It seems to run strong, but I dont want to have to pay for twice the labor if it should last for a few years. Is the bottom end tough enough?

I'm also at 5,000 feet so it doesnt make quite as much power up here.

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have 80000 miles on my car and i have been toying with doing a s trim but i'm hesitant due to the high milage, just got a new tranny so we'll seee

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just do it...

Just do a compression check and general tuneup of your car. If everything checks out, install the huffer. So you won't run into any problems, make sure you have lots of fuel (good and lots->volume). I'd say go for a 255lph in tank and a t-rex (if it doesn't already come with the kit).

Then get it chipped. This will make sure get the safest amount of power...

Good luck...
Phil

·
Registered
723 Posts
Joshg said:
I have a 95gt with 130K on it. I know it had NOS before me. It also has basic bolt ons.
I just bought an S-trim with a powerpipe and a cobra intake.

It seems to run strong, but I dont want to have to pay for twice the labor if it should last for a few years. Is the bottom end tough enough?

I'm also at 5,000 feet so it doesnt make quite as much power up here.

Thanks
Heat and detonation is what will kill your motor. Keep the boost levels sane, get a good tune and it should hold up for a while.

Have fun:evil:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's S-trim is going on today!

Everyone seems to feel the motor can handle it and I figure I'll take a chance. It's going on the car today. I'm getting it dyno tuned as well.

Thanks for the advice.

Josh

·
Registered
819 Posts
I would deffinatly put the S-trim on. I put mine on around 85k and know have 99k, but I did blow a head gasket also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts