Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ON my car of course...

Seems I am almost ready to go, ( LOL KINDA )

I have to tap the oil pan this Fri. night/Sat morning, and then install the blower. All the rest of the BS is done, Thank god...

Any how, what about breathing the system? Where does the line that goes to the TB to the oil neck go now? Do I just leave it open? Plug both holes??

If someone can explain how to breath the engine better now, Let me know..

Ok Thanks

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TTT

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AHHH TTT AGAIN, if no answer on this one I will reword it!

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
I believe your talking about how to vent the Crankcase..What you will want to do is Run a line from the Drivers side VC nipple to the Intake of the Supercharger.I routed mine to draw air from my Intake pipe.SOme also use a Open element breather filter,some dont.It supposedly introduces Unmetered air into the engine if you use a breather on the VC.Also, get yourself a Factory Ford PCV valve from one of the Turbocoupe mustangs. that will keep boost from entring the crankcase.These are just a few good options..

Jeff

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can I use the stock PVC valve in there? Or should I just go to discount auto and ask for a 1986?? Ford mustang turbo version PVC ??

Will it be a direct fit??

All help thanks

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
DO NOT get a parts store Turbocoupe PCV valve.The valve has a rubber seal inside it to keep boost out of the engine, and the parts store valves lack this seal. Get it from a ford dealership in Parts...Only cost around $4. It is a Direct fit..BTW, Dont use the stock type PCV valves because they will allow Boost to flow into the Crankcase..

Jeff

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks dude!!

What year turbo coupe?? I will go tomorrow..

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
P/N E5ZZ-6A666-A Is what you need. You could also source the valve out of a turbo supra as well.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Had you scrolled down just a bit, you could have found the info right there on the front page. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts