Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my brother just received his vortech for his '02 blower yesterday. He is wanting to install it all next weekend, but wants to install his walbro 255 fuel pump tomorrow (a week before he hooks up the rest of the blower). Is that OK or will his N/A driveability be affected?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I installed my blower and fuel pump before I even got my programmed computer chip, my car ran fine, so you should be fine. Check with some others, I just drove normally, mainly because I didn';t want to go under boost with the stock computer program or BOOM! Good luck with the blower.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Sure you can install the fuel pump ahead of time.. Shouldn't be a problem. However, make sure he installs it correctly and modifies the bucket so he wont suck it dry under WOT with the Blower.... Very important!!! I am sure Vortech has sent instructions on how to do that properly....

Then go for it!

Tom in INdy

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Just saw you are installing a blower on an 02 GT....
For some reason there have been some issues with the 02's and the chip programming... So don't be surprised that the car will not run too Great with the Generic Chip from Vortech... A lot of tuners are still scratching their heads about the 02's I think JMS and Fordchip.com have figured it out and are able to burn you a much better chip... Or better yet... if you have any Dynotuners that know what they are doing in your area I would recommend you seeking their help after the Blower installation.

But don't panic yet.. Just try the supplied chip and see what happens.... Perhaps Vortech has been working on the same problem and has found a solution...

Good Luck either way!

Tom in indy

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks for the help.

Do you have any instructions on how to modify the "bucket"? I've got the instructions from Vortech but I don't remember seeing anything about that, but I may have just overlooked it.

In terms of the chip, that is why he is installing it next week. He's got a DiabloChip that he'll be running, but he's waiting on MAFTerBurner so he can tune it on the dyno once it's all installed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I think the Mafterburner is a great idea especially on the 02 GT's.
They can smooth out the Air/Fuel ratio....

I don't have the instructions anymore about modifying the bucket.. It's basically drilling some holes in it to avoid emtying it under WOT load....
But check around or do a search.... I will do the same and if I come up with anything I will post it here..

Later,

Tom

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He bought this kit with 500 miles on it so it might already be modified. What exactly gets drilled? I'm about to search.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts