Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how to adjust the timing but i don't have a timing light so i was just going to guess while turning it down. Is 2-3Deg. timing equal to 2-3Degrees as in 360* ina circle? So if I turn my distrubiter 2* (as in the angle) counterclockwise will that lower the timing 2 degrees?:joy: I want to knock the timing down before putting my Kenne Bell on. :cool:

Also another question, does running a cooler plug make a big difference? My plugs are only 6 weeks old so i want to hold off untill spring. I will only be running 5-6#

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Wait a minute. Your spending 2500 dollars on a blower, but, don't want to spend $40.00 on a timing light?

Not trying to flame you, just trying to see the reasoning behind that.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yeah, what he said. Borrow a friends, pay $20 to have someone check it for you or buy the AutoZone special. How much is that $40 timing light worth if you end up doing something catastrophic to your engine because the timings off up . It's not like you'll never need to look at the timing again. JMO

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Timing lights are only $40? I don't know why i always thought that they were like way over $100 i don't know why. i was just going to try to guess about turning it down a coupld of deg. Then once its all together and running i was going to drive it to my friends house that has one who is almost an hour away. And i would not be beating on it, or getting into boost too much untill i check it with his light i was just trying to find out if turning it 2* angle is equal to 2* timing. I wasn't going to guess at it and leave it like that. Just to be a little more safe driving to check it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
redlined50 said:
Timing lights are only $40? I don't know why i always thought that they were like way over $100 i don't know why. i was just going to try to guess about turning it down a coupld of deg. Then once its all together and running i was going to drive it to my friends house that has one who is almost an hour away. And i would not be beating on it, or getting into boost too much untill i check it with his light i was just trying to find out if turning it 2* angle is equal to 2* timing. I wasn't going to guess at it and leave it like that. Just to be a little more safe driving to check it.
:confused:

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
redlined50 said:
Yes turning it 2 degrees counter-clockwise will give you 2 degrees less timing, but 2 degress is going to be pretty hard to judge. In my opinion it'd be fine to drive over to your friends to set the timing. That short drive won't really hurt it, as long as you don't push it. Oh, and the $40.00 timing lights are at Autozone. They work well, so long as you don't drop them. They are plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts