Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i will be installing my Tokico Illumina's, eibach Pro-kit, Megabite Jr. LCA's and FRPP UCA. I am just looking for a little bit of info and some tips in order to install all of these parts. i will installing it on my 96gt. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Louie Panayi.

Install won't be til next tuesday probobly.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
once you drop the springs, everything should be a breeze, once i had the A-arm dropped when i did mine, everything was one or 2 bolts away from comming off.

dont be afraid to cut out bolts if they arnt comming, took me about 5 hours on one bolt, that was bent on one of the rear LCA's, i ended up having to cut it out, take out the LCA, put it on a bench, and drill out the bolt. :( that sucked a big one

·
Registered
160 Posts
go to www.mustangworld.com got the how to's page,u'll find it there.its for 99 on,but it should be the same if not close to ur application.i'm waiting for the rest of my stuff to come in by friday.
i got fms c springs mach 1 tokiko struts and shocks. kenny brown strut brace,k-brace,and full subs.along with granatelli upr and lwr c/a's.after all is installed i'll go get my 4.10's put in.been in my closet for 2 months now.can't wait.i wanted to get my suspension done first. good luck,let us know how it went.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know what you mean blackstang...i have had my t56 in my garage for 6 months waiting to get things together and get my suspension done. Alsways seems like there is a deal that i...can't pass up...

anyways i can't wait to get the suspesion on and the auto tranny..
err..
off.

Thanks louie.

Also i don't have a spring compressor or a tie-rod puller what should i do? will i need one of these even if i do the whole jack the a-arm deally.

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
you won't need a spring compressor.put it up on jackstands all the way around the car on the subframes.place the floorjack under the a-arm and lift it just to the point to where the a-arm has a little tension.mark where your cc plates are so your front end doesn't go to far out of alignment.do not put to much tension on the a-arm b/c when you loosen the strut it wont bang the strut tower.then loosen the strut,lower the floorjack very slowly until you can pull the jack out.pull the strut out then wiggle the spring out.its that easy.if you have anymore ?'s let me know.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all right man,
thank you very much i appreciate it.

Louie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts