Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
The T5 was designed to run with ATF so when they put in the gear oil it probably wasn't getting oiled correctly and wore out the bearings?? The tolerances inside the tranny is just to tight for gear oil and will cause adverse effects.I have seen this before and its a pain, but sounds like you will have to tear it down and have everything reset.

·
Registered
315 Posts
No, actually if the bearings are still good they will just need to be tightened up. The tolerances will have to be reset. If they show any blue color, pitting, metal flaking or wear replace them. They are fairly cheap but are a pain to put in and have to be "setup" with the right tolerances.

Alot of times the loose bearings in the imput shaft go bad due to the thicker oil, thus causing to much play in the imput,output shaft. This will cause it to wine like an alley cat, because the gears aren't meshing right. It will eventually wear everything out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
W.O.T. Stang said:

so the 94 piece will have all the parts i need to make it quiet again?
It should. I don't see the tranny being ruined yet. Just some of the toleances off some. It should be like a new one if your gears are still good and everything else is correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.