Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired U.S. Air Force
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a new set of heads and a cam. I origionally wanted the AFR 165's and an E cam but that was before the blower became a factor. The car is mainly a street car with probably about 10 runs down the track a year. Would I be able to hit mid 11's with my current setup (motorwise) and the 165's with a custom cam? I know I would need to address the suspension more. Would I be better off with the 185's and stock cam now? I'd obviously go with a bigger one with the new motor in a year and a half. I'll notch the pistons if I have to because I only want to buy heads once. I can't make up my mind. I think I want the 185's but if the 165's will give me 11's on DR's then I can just bolt them on now and not worry about notching(I'd still check P/V). What would be a good head/cam combo with my setup that would have mid 11's potential? I don't know where to go with it.
Thanks for the opinions.
Dave

·
Registered
306 Posts
IMO the e-cam is a very blower friendly cam. I would either go with that or the TFS stage 1 cam. A good friend of mine went a 10.67 with the e-cam using a similar setup.

Darin

·
Registered
502 Posts
With a blower and cobra intake, I think you should get the 165's. They will match up nicely with the cobra intake and, with the boost your running, will flow enough to put you in the mid 11's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts