Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in St. Louis and went to the World Ford Challange today where SVT has a Black 03 convertible out for display. I asked to hear the car running and also if I could sit in the car. Got a "yes" on both of those requests. Gave the car a good looking over and all in all like a lot of the car and found a few things I'm not a fan of as of yet. Guess I'll give a short list of a few of the impressions that I got while checking it out. First off the seats. I'm a big guy about 240#'s, and I'm not sold on how I fit into them. I opened up the settings as fas as they would go and really felt that I was sitting on top of them as apposed to in them. The seat also seemed to be a bit high in the car. I didn't want to mess with the settings too much. In my current car I run the seat as low as it will go, so maybe the seat was just too high up. Wishing I would have tried to lower it now. They did feel much more "padded" then my current Cobra of 80K miles. Could just be because they're new. Ok so I'm not into the seats as of yet...but I think with a little time on them I'd be fine. OK now the steering wheel. It's much larger in grip than the current cars are. NICE! But the leather on the wheel felt like it was super soft and wouldn't last a few months. It had a really spongy feel to it. It also had a few ginger nail nicks in this particular one. So although I love the feel not sure its going to be a good wheel for durability. And now the sound of the car running/idleing. Actually the lack of any sound would be a better description. This car was DEAD quiet! The blower gave off not even the slightest hint of any whine at idle. As the car was reved up a few times to maybe the 3000 RPM or so, it developed a noticable but still fairly quiet whine. But the exhaust seemed to be as quiet as I've ever heard a car. My 98 was much louder stock. Nothing really wrong with it being quiet, I was just amazed how quiet it really was. The titanium gauges are nice and even still appear white on first glance. I think I like this change, since everyone was kinda going white on every car out there now. Its a subtle difference. The wing...I'm still not a fan. But I've ordered mine without, so personal taste I guess. The rims. NICE! I really like the machined look with painted insets. On this particular car the clearcoat was really ssatched up on all the wheels. Looks like someone just used something really abrasive to clean them. The guy there from SVT had tons of information about the car and was extremely helpful. He had said the Chrome rims will be available to those who are getting cars now who wanted the Chrome wheels. They are offering an exchange policy. The prices would be $695 for the Chrome rims with exchange of the factory rims. BUT, for $295 more you could keep the original wheels also. So not a bad deal. Well, thats all I can remember about the car now. Hope this helps anyone who was looking for more info on the car.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
MM&FF has a nice write up on the 03 in the July issue...they also said that the drivers seat was really snug for bigger people even with the side bolsters opened all the way out...they said the passenger seat was fine though...

I wish I could afford one of those things, but a house is priority right now...maybe in a few years:D

P.S. The magazine got it to go [email protected] without really goosing it...:joy:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts