Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, after close inspection of my stock shortblock, I did not put a gasket between the oilpump and the block. I check and check and no gasket was on my stock one from Ford. Also, the gasket would have been hanging all in the engine unles I trimmed it. DO you put a gasket there or no? My mentor (who was out of town) says he always puts one there, but he thinks I would be ok. I checked before I torqued the pump down and it was very flush, but I didn't check with a filler guage. What are you experiences and what would you do? Right now I have the Engine built but still on a stand ready to go in Friday night. Help fast! Should I be ok? or should I tear the motormounts and pan off it and put a gasket there? Thanks!

Oh btw my combo what do you think? 306 KeithCraft Shortblock, Stage I ported TEA TW heads with CNC chambers, Comp cams 266XE, Stage I Performer 5.0, 1.75" equal length shorties, 65mm TB, 30lb injectors, AOD with Art Carr 2800 stall and shift kit(with solid shaft), bullet 75mm MAM, 3.55's. Low 12's maybe? 2900lbs coupe 95% street 5% track.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
block to oil pump...no gasket
oil pump to pick up.....gasket

·
Registered