Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have done oil changes on a lot of cars.. For whatever reason though I don't think I ever changed the oil in the mustang, I always took it in to get it done.. Probably a combination of not having time, and wanting to make sure it gets done..

Anyhow I went to change the oil for the first time a week or so ago, noticed something odd.. Namely no matter how long I waited there seemed to be 3 quarts of oil still in the engine.. Well after 5 hours of puzzling over it, I finally looked up of all things "How to do an oil change" on my car.. I don't think it is possible to feel dumber than when you have to look up directions on changing your oil..

Anyhow I found something very odd, there are 2 oil drain nuts.. My question would be why? I can only assume there is some benifit other than an engineer getting a laugh at my dumb ass under the car for 5 hours wondering why the oil is not all coming out :p

Just more curious than anything now.. Anyone know why it is this way?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The pan is shaped to fit over the stock K member so unless you have the car at a 60 degree angle or something there would be no way to get the oil out of the front hump.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Double hump oil pan. Don't worry about it, at least you did not add 5 qts of oil and run with 8 qts in there. :) And wonder why it is so full when you checked it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts