Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing the balancer (went better than I planned), there was some oil on the bolt that came out from the balancer (the big one). Is this normal or is my front seal gone?
Oil is not pooring out or anything, just some on the bolt and inside the front of the crank shaft. I'm awaiting the new balancer to come in tommorow and the car will be sitting over night. I'll see if it leaks oil while sitting over night.

Here's some pictures:

Click here for pictures of removed balancer as well as the front of the crankshaft.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
That's normal Dom...nothing to worry about. Before you bolt on the new balancer, clean the bolt of any oil, and simply put some RTV on the threads (near the bolt head), and a little bit under the washer itself. This will help prevent any leaks that may try to "seep" through....

And YES, the old one was definitely ready to come apart. You cauught it just in time, by the looks of it...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh good, I thought I had let it go to long and screwed up the camshaft or seal. Thanks for the info. Will be working on this tommorow. Hopefully goes on as easy as it came off. <Grin>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts