Ford Mustang Forums banner

421 - 426 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Awesome thank you! I was worried I'd have to try to find another o2 harness! I was thinking I'd have to swap all the wiring from the 5.0 hatch to the notch, and the notch don't have A/C factory haha

So just plug the EEC 5.0 harness into the 4cyl's current wiring basically? (dash harness), and install the 5.0 cluster/EEC in the passenger side kick panel?
Late response but generically speaking yes.

5.0 swaps are pretty stupid easy on these cars. You can plug and play 99% of it, and for the other 1% most of anything being added/taken away has the correct mounting spots on the body already.

I suggest on the cluster to swap the tach/speedometer into the 4cyl cluster as a majority of the time the plastic boards are better on a 4cyl cluster. It's what I did with mine and it's turned out a lot better than a straight 5.0 cluster swap.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Late response but generically speaking yes.

5.0 swaps are pretty stupid easy on these cars. You can plug and play 99% of it, and for the other 1% most of anything being added/taken away has the correct mounting spots on the body already.

I suggest on the cluster to swap the tach/speedometer into the 4cyl cluster as a majority of the time the plastic boards are better on a 4cyl cluster. It's what I did with mine and it's turned out a lot better than a straight 5.0 cluster swap.
Thanks man! I will do the tach/speedo swap for sure. Will be pretty easy since I plan to put white overlays on the faces anyway!

The only part of the wiring I'm worried about is the AOD ECU running a T5, and the o2 harness - I plan to clean and rewrap all the wiring anyway so I will verify it all then..

·
Registered
35 Posts
about to start pulling the harness out of my donor car, im not sure of the year (no title)
it appears my 4 cylinder notch ( 90 ) has the grey and black plug behind the intake manifold that runs through the firewall.
the donor car has the same one, does this mean the harness going through the firewall wouldn't have to be replaced?

·
Registered
35 Posts
update.. my donor car is an 87/88. my 4 cylinder car is a 90. do I need to swap the dash harness?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Almost finished with my 4 t0 8 swap..... my car is 1989 coupe and my donor was an 89GT.....

Attachments

421 - 426 of 426 Posts