Ford Mustang Forums banner
101 - 120 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Stock 100K mile ’86 flattop short block with an OTS re-ring/bearing kit (with way too much ring end gap haha).
TEA-Prepped TW 205s, with 61cc chambers and something like 9.8:1 CR.
Comp catalog lobes: I/E 215/[email protected], .568”/.566” w/1.6 rocker, 112 LSA, straight up
TFS-R long runner intake, CNC port matched to the heads by TEA
90MM TB, 97mm Abaco MAF meter
BBK shorties and dronemaster 2.5” full exhaust
Tuned with a Quarterhorse with BE/EA by yours truly

336/324 SAE, Dynojet

I’m curious to know what correction factors some of you guys are using. My STD numbers put me in the 340s…

[/URL]

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I’m curious to know what correction factors some of you guys are using. My STD numbers put me in the 340s…
It appears most here are SAE, but it is still hard to compare dyno numbers from one dyno to the next, so don't get too caught up over differences as small as we see here.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
With regard to track performance...
I took my stock as a rock car with 3.73's to [email protected] at sea level on the north east coast. Moved to Phoenix AZ and had a hard time running 13.9'[email protected]
Absolutely zero changes to the car.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts

·
USAF retired
9,532 Posts
It appears most here are SAE, but it is still hard to compare dyno numbers from one dyno to the next, so don't get too caught up over differences as small as we see here.
True, it is interesting to see the entire combination, and compare it to others that are similar with maybe one component that is different and see some significant differences in performance.
Same thing applies to track numbers, as other factors need to be taken into account like altitude, temperature, humidity, car weight, gearing, and driver skill/experience. I ran my LX 10 times with slicks on it, ran my best pass on the 8th run. Right afterwards the track closed and it's been until this summer that another one had opened up. I'm anxious to get back at it with this car, although now the car has a completely different set up and really can't compare it to the old numbers, although I'm confident it'll be faster. :evilgrin:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
right, so then the only way to compare track results is to correct for density altitude.
So then I could state my car went [email protected] but when someone asks to see my time slip I've got a [email protected].0 to show.
Another example is I took my Dad to the track and convinced him to drive the car. I was running 13.2's at mid 102mph all day, he ran 13.9's at 100 all day.
Another example is I was running 13 teens with 3.73's at mid 102mph, swapped to 4.10's and ran 13.0's at 103/104.
All I am saying is those who say the track is the true measure of power, are no more correct than those who say a dyno is the true measure.
Both need compared on the day they were prep'd, by the same operator.

In the end it's all bench racing.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
True, it is interesting to see the entire combination, and compare it to others that are similar with maybe one component that is different and see some significant differences in performance.
Same thing applies to track numbers, as other factors need to be taken into account like altitude, temperature, humidity, car weight, gearing, and driver skill/experience. I ran my LX 10 times with slicks on it, ran my best pass on the 8th run. Right afterwards the track closed and it's been until this summer that another one had opened up. I'm anxious to get back at it with this car, although now the car has a completely different set up and really can't compare it to the old numbers, although I'm confident it'll be faster. :evilgrin:
Another thing that happens too is dyno tricks, I have seen 9hp from pulling the belt, can get about 7-10hp from icing the intake, sometimes getting really lean is worth 5hp or so that will need fuel added at the track. I think when you have cars like this showing sheets, anything plus or minus 10 from you is so close to you in power, it is pretty much the same. Most people, myself included, dyno at a dyno day where you get a few pulls and you are out the door, no time for any tricks. Doesn't mean it is not fair to do tricks though, most could do the same tricks at the track if they wanted too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Back on the dyno almost a year ago.. 1994 GT

306 10:1 comp.
3000 Stall
Performance built AODE
Aluminum driveshaft
4.10 gears
Edelbrock Performers 170s
1.7 rockers
E cam
Gt40 Explorer Upper/Lower w/ 1" spacer
Fox 75mm TB
24# injectors
Stock fuel pump
Aftermarket cold air with stock maf
1 5/8 Summit shorties
O/r h pipe and slp lm1 catback
All accessories but deleted smog and egr
Tuned by xXx Performance

Can't remember the actual number because the dynojet didnt tell automatic numbers correctly from manual. We had to do some calculations and it came out to around 290-300 rwhp. Can't remember torque either... just giving you guys an idea!

Since then I put a tfs box r on and the intake ports match the heads. Instead of the explorer falling off in power so soon this box picks up and screams in the higher rpms like I wanted. Seriously thinking of doing a 5 speed swap (opinions) and if I do the 5 speed swap gonna get long tubes and maybe a new cam havent decided.

Long term is build a 331 with better cam, afr 185s or 205s, and continue to use my box.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Fox Lake Stg2 Brodix ST50 heads
Extrude hone holley systemax upper
Fox Lake ported lower
XE276 comp cam
Mac 1-5/8 long tube headers
Electric fan
Accufab 75mm race TB
4inch power pipe
77 pro m Meter
Air fuel is lean due to a incompetent tuner..

·
Registered
253 Posts
I dont have dyno numbers yet, but seeing a lot of these combo's, i think i can ball park the number till I get my car on the dyno in the spring.

Stock bottom end 302(8000 miles since its been freshened up)
Trick Flow TW 170 heads
1.6rr
E-303 cam
Holley Systemax intake
19# injectors
Professional Products 75mm Throttle body
stock intake tube w/ K&N filter inside of Cervini ram air catch box
C&L 76mm MAF
Electric fan
BBK long tubes
2 1/2" catless true duals into Flowmater 44's
4.10 gears
AOD trans w/ 3000rpm stall and Silverfox valve body
SCT chip with BAMA tunes

best [email protected](mph could possibly be high, my home track the left and right lane tends to show 2 different mph on certain cars, left is higher, right is lower so not 100% sure but that's what it says)

I am gonna say somewhere in the neighborhood of 290-310rwhp and 320-340trq

·
Registered
2006 Ford Mustang GT
2,886 Posts
I am gonna say somewhere in the neighborhood of 290-310rwhp and 320-340trq
You have an AOD (higher parasitic losses than a T5) so I'd say it's more likely to be around 270-280rwhp & 290-300rwtq.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You have an AOD (higher parasitic losses than a T5) so I'd say it's more likely to be around 270-280rwhp & 290-300rwtq.
yeah i know, the AOD is pretty power robbing. I originally figured bout 280rwhp and 300rwtq. Just saw all these combo's that were similar to mine putting down 300-320rwhp and 310-330rwtq but didnt think bout the t5's.

·
USAF retired
9,532 Posts
Back on the dyno almost a year ago.. 1994 GT

306 10:1 comp.
3000 Stall
Performance built AODE
Aluminum driveshaft
4.10 gears
Edelbrock Performers 170s
1.7 rockers
E cam
Gt40 Explorer Upper/Lower w/ 1" spacer
Fox 75mm TB
24# injectors
Stock fuel pump
Aftermarket cold air with stock maf
1 5/8 Summit shorties
O/r h pipe and slp lm1 catback
All accessories but deleted smog and egr
Tuned by xXx Performance

Can't remember the actual number because the dynojet didnt tell automatic numbers correctly from manual. We had to do some calculations and it came out to around 290-300 rwhp. Can't remember torque either... just giving you guys an idea!

Since then I put a tfs box r on and the intake ports match the heads. Instead of the explorer falling off in power so soon this box picks up and screams in the higher rpms like I wanted. Seriously thinking of doing a 5 speed swap (opinions) and if I do the 5 speed swap gonna get long tubes and maybe a new cam havent decided.

Long term is build a 331 with better cam, afr 185s or 205s, and continue to use my box.
Do you ever go up to Atmore?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Update,
306 10.6:1, ported E7te's, Buddy Rawls cam, Victor EFI, 75mm Tb, 1-5/8" long tubes, 2-1/2" exhaust.
334hp/327tq.

The car has issues, and the graph is so ugly it's not worth posting. Chalk it up to a dyno queen for now. Once it's sorted I'll be back with a graph shape worth a look.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hope to sort the issues over the Holidays, have it working right by mid/end of Jan.
Firebird Raceway has been closed and is now called Wild Horse Pass Motorsports under new management, and I see they have 1/4 mile events scheduled for mid Jan., so, hopefully track outings in Feb., ... or sooner.
Guess we'll see how sorting the issues go.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Amazing power with those E7's, great work!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Thanks, those numbers were achieved with no timing, fuel or MAF tuning. Tuner says it "may" make 15-20 more once everything is sorted and he can dial the tune in.
We'll see.

Update;
336/313... still have some minor items to iron out but I doubt there is much in regard to peak numbers left in it.

101 - 120 of 247 Posts