Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any difference in performance with having the X closer to the engine (Dr. Gas) vs at the back (Bassani, BBK)?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Up top.
Do any of you guys know or your're like me don't know?

·
Registered
840 Posts
This was mentioned a few months ago and one guy said he had a custom one made because the X is supposed to be closer the engine than the Bassani one. He said having it further back eliminates the gain you would get from an X pipe. If you do a search you might find it. I think the post was about Bassani not fitting properly.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about the quality of the X-Terminator pipes? Anyone. Also, who sells the Dr. Gas X pipes?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Go directly through Dr X., that way you can explain to them your set up and have them hook you up with exactly what you need. I've got a set and they work very well and sound great!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you get them welded or running the clamps? Also went to their website and saw that some of their X pipes look like they are polished.:eek: Which would be very cool.
I talked to a guy at my local performance shop and he said that with the X closer to the engine it will produce more torque plus get the benifits of the X for top end hp. Dr.Gas is my choice.:D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dr Gas is the only TRUE X. Look at the others designs, looks like they just took a H pipe and welded X covers on it. Whereas The Dr Gas pipe is made in a true X. The others don't truely crossover each other.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
true. That is why it is my choice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm running the clamps for ease of installation and removal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.