Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

lately i haven't been driving my car that much since i have a beater to get to work and back, but the other day i popped the hood and noticed that there is some odd looking wear on one of my idler pulleys. it's the one closest to the blower pulley, it sits (if you're looking from the front of the car) below and to the right of the blower pulley. it appears that a good deal of the paint has been stripped off that pulley, and you can see the metal underneath. this happened in a 3 inch section. is this normal?

gino

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I have wound up replacing my tensioner and Ford idler pulley. The bearings start to go in in them with the added strain of the SC and that could lead to more wear. Actually if it is still working ok, it may just be that added strain that is doing the funny wear. But if you start going thru belts quicker, I would check those pullies with the belt off and possibley relpace them.
Erich

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything is working fine and the pulley seems to be spinning the way it should, but the paint is just wearing off. that's what i was concerned about.
gino

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with Erich.

When I originally installed my SC, the original pulley was warped and I had to put a new pulley on with the install.
Had that pulleys bearings let go and caused the belt to shred.
The paint does not last very long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts