Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i had my left o2 sensor in the right side of my h-pipe and vise versa, how would my car act. i'm having idle problems. any knowledge would be much apreciated.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I believe that O2 sensors are not side dependant, you should be OK if you move them from one side to the other to determine if one is bad.

Bill

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Billaird's86GTvert said:
I believe that O2 sensors are not side dependant, you should be OK if you move them from one side to the other to determine if one is bad.

Bill
The sensors themselves are not side dependent, but the wire harnesses are. If you get the right and left bank crossed (can happen during an engine swap), you will eventually end up with problems. When the sensor swings rich on the left bank, the eec thinks it is the right bank and leans the mix (shortens the injector pulse width) on the right side. The eec doesn't see any change, so it leans it out some more. Mean time, the eec sees the left bank going lean, so it richens up the mix on the left side, which makes the right bank sensor read even more rich, so it leans it out even more...... Long story short, one bank ends up pig rich while the other goes totally lean. I don't know for sure which question was being asked, but you now have the answer to both. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.