Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three days after buying my Cobra I got a check engine light and it turned out to be a bad O2 sensor. The dealer changed the sensor under warranty. Fast forward 1.5 months and about 75 miles, and the check engine light comes on again. I go to Advance Auto to check the code (warranty over) and they tell me it is #1 O2 sensor, bank #1 slow. The guy resets the computer and suggests fuel system cleaner and says that if that if that doesn't remedy the problem then I'll need an O2 sensor. Fast forward 1.5 months and about 120 more miles and I get the light again. Same code. I'm thinking this is not an O2 sensor problem because it's already been changed. Anybody ever have a similar problem? Should I dump $69 into a replacement O2 sensor?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Well assuming they only changed one 02, then the other side probaly went bad, unless you know for a fact that they changed that side...

i changed one... month later, blip the other one went, 4 months later, blip the back...

·
Registered
642 Posts
Go to autozone, get the code scanned, and post the code NUMBER in this thread, not the description, and I'll have you fixed up in a jiffy. The code numbers will tell the story.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't bought one yet. I figured I'd consult the experts here to find out if it's common for new o2 sensors to go bad. Autozone wants $69 for a new sensor. I called the local Ford dealership and they said it would cost $71 to hook up the diagnostic machine and verify that the circuit was still good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts