Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is anyone going and if so where are they meeting?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres a car show at Mustangs Unlimited on the 9 of june. i was thinking about going to that but now im going to goto a BBQ at Bear Mt on June 15 theres a bunch of people over at Stangnet going. Interested?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im guessing the BBQ is going to be sometime in the morning. im still trying to figure it out myself but i got a few buddies around where i live going to it also. where are you located at snake?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i live in ny and i'm going, but i am comming from albany, hey green notch, i meet you at lebanon valley right? your father had the black cobra? well its me with the white gt, i finally got my car running good, so, she will be taking her first road trip this sunday, LOL, ohh well, hope to see ya there, later man!

ROB

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HEY! whats up man? yea i finally my car going on the right track had a few bugs and still do but not tomorrow but next wed. im going to Lebonon again with my car and a few other friends( the guy with the WS6) so if you wanted to hang out there for a lil just look for the green notch with a 'svt' badge on the trunk lid.

also i dont think im going to be able to make the meet.. trying to make some money to get those heads on my car with the cam. i just broke $1100 :D this friday i should be about 1300:joy: so im getting excited. my buddy let me go with him for a ride in his GT with the same set up im having but hes got a pro-m 75 instead of the C&L. i meant to PM you but my mom threw out the paper that my dad had! piss me off.

are you interested in the BBQ? or Lebonon? we should meet up again.

good to hear from you Rob.

Vinny

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
hmmmmm bbq huh? when this sunday? MMMMMMMMm.... soo your going to lebanon NEXT wed? cool cause i was planning on running my car next wed to, i have to swap out my lifters this sat, but i would love to take a ride somewhere this sunday, actually a bbq sounds like a better plan, give me directions, i would come, later bro, nice talking to you! ROB

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nope not this sunday. next sat, June 15. at bear Mt. i think there's a few other guys that might be going too from around here but you never know with people till the last min.(just like at the track there was saposed to be ALOT more people that went up there that decided the last min. not to go.)

Directions are simple, im not sure if you'de rather take the TSP or the highway, if you take the highway you gotta get off at the exit for NewPaltz. TSP would go streight to my house. but to get a ruff idea where i am just put in this area code into mapquest.com. 12533. should come up as hopewell Jct NY. see what way they say to go. if you want to hang out this friday we could do that cause im off work and just hang out for the day.

Vinny

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello New Yorker's. Your going to luv this show!! Last year 340 entries. Great time, great food, great music, and fantastic rides. Very easy access in central CT. Exit 62 off I-84. I'm driving in from Cape Cod, MA. Hope as many of you as can will make the worth while trip. Hope to see you there!:joy:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
mustangrivrat......
what show are you talking about? the mu show or the bbq green notch is talking about?

greennotch.............
dude, i gotta work all day friday, and the car is kinda out of comision till early afternoon on sat , i gotta throw a set of lifters in her on sat, shouldn't take more than 2 hours though, no biggie, but i will be going to the valley next wedns, weather permiting of course, i went tonight to, there was only about 18 cars there, LOL most of emm all fart pipers to, it sucked ass, but that was cause of the weather though, real ****ty here tonight, soo that bbq is next sat? dude that sounds cool as hell, i will def go, where is it again? down by you? so if its not this weekend i am def going to the mu show on sun, you should go, it should be pretty cool. later ROB

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited Show, Manchester, CT. Exit 62 off I-84.

Also great door prizes from M/U, 50/50, and they're open all day for business and discounts for the show.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i really did want to go but whats keeping me from going is that i make time and a half on sundays. if i didnt i say hells yea! also my store might be closing down too so thats no help with me... need to save as much money as i can.

so alot of impfarts were there tonight huh? that blows. hey did you do your heads and cam swap urself? i was thinking about staying clean tho and not doing it myself, i have an idea how to do it but ive never dug that deep with the cam and all. took my old engine out but had help doing it too at the school shop. im thinking about porting the TFs also.

yup next week is a busy time for me between LV and the bbq :) i got my 24# today so i could put my mass air on now too. didnt get a chance to put the injectors in tho yet. do you think its possible to just unbolt the upper intake with all the vacume lines still on it and lift it up and do the injectors? would i have enough room you think? i was looking at it today and i think i might get away with it.

well its raining here and im tired, im probably going to goto sleep. take care Rob.

Vinny

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
vinny,
yeah i did all the work myself, its just time consuming, and as far as leaving the lower intake on and doing your injectors, dude, don't sweat a couple of vacume lines, if you don't know where they go, just label them in a way you can remember where they went when you took them off, its no big deal, you don't want to try to slide the injectors in tht tight of a spot bro, you don't want to rip those little black o-rings at the bottom of the injector, that would not be a cool thing, so, who were you thinking of to do all your work? i might have a proposition for ya if you can't find anyone fairly cheap. but hey we can talk about that later. by the way what cam did you end up going with or did you not get one yet?
well anyways, if i don't hear from you till next week at the valley, i guess i'll see ya there, and i am really interested in that bbq there having, keep me informed! later man!

ROB

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
wow, duh i'm retarded, i shoulda just read that you were using the tfs stage one cam, LOL my fault, good choice by the way! later man.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i did just that this morning, used some tape and marker to remember what goes where, now im just waiting for my upper to lower intake gasket to come. 2 O-rings got stuck in there but i got one out with a pair of needle noise plyers and one i had to use a bobie pin. other then that they came out smooth. used oil putting them in and i guess that they're all in there, i pushed down as far as they would go then just stoped. they all look like they're in the same position as well.

It would have been WAY to tight to try to lift up the intake with the lines to them. im just worried about the cobra intake bolts breaking when i try to put them back in... last time on my 88 they ended up breaking at 22 (torquin em down) had to have them made from my old high school teacher. i just hope when everythings back together everything goes well, no leaks, car starts, and moves good.:D

Vinny

PS - the O-rings were on the top that came off

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.