Ford Mustang Forums banner

NX or TNT?

948 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  NC5.0 
#1 ·
Im looking into a nitrous setup on my 88 GT and have been leaning towards either Nitrous Express or TNT. I have heard many great things about both. I also like how the TNT kit has the plate to go between the throttlebody and intake. Im hoping some of you have an opinion you would like to share. I would also like advice on any other modifications that would bring out the best of each kit. Im looking to run a 100-125 shot.
The car is stock with the exception of an off road H pipe, flowmasters, and 3:73 gears... BBK shorties have already arrived and I will be converting to mass air and an in the fender cold air kit. Would a 70mm throttle body also be the one to go with?

Rog

#2 · (Edited)
I'll throw one in for NX. About a month ago we put a nx plate system on a friends 93 cobra. Its the twin gemini kit (I think thats its technical name ) which is a plate that mounts inbetween the upper and lower intakes. The kit is adjustable from 75-300 and we started out with the 100 jets. Everything fit great, and works awsome. We wanted to eliminate the fuel going through the upper issues that come along with some other wet kits and this kit fit that bill well. Its also nice that it is adjustable down below 150 unlike some other plate systems out there. The kit has performed quite well too, at the track the car picked up 10mph on the spray. Tomorrow its going on the dyno so we'll see just how things are performing. The car has afr heads, fti cam, stock shortblock, exhaust, 3.73's etc.... When the 100 shot hits, it really hits clean and hard.

#3 ·
There is a little more to this that I failed to mention... I will probably be going with the NX kit that is not the plate between the upper and lower intake kind. I have heard its only adjustable from 100-150 .. Though for now I hope to run a 125 shot, I "may" in the near future purchase a ProCharger and then run a 50 shot. So atleast with this one I wont have to buy a new nitrous setup... This also pretty much takes the TNT kit out of the running since its adjustable from 75-150..

I would however like to hear any feedback some of you may have on this particular NX setup though...

#4 ·
TNT !!!

If you do make those chonges just set it up with one nozzle. But for now use both nozzles. I have 2 of those kits that is capable of shooting 250 on each. Let me tell you those are the far best kits that i have seen in the works. I picked up 1sec and 3 tenths off the 150 with my combo.

#8 ·
Go with the TNT setup!!! IMO it is one of the best one the market!! Solenoid size is massive compared to some other brands...**coughNOScough**

#9 ·
NC5.0 said:
I see how it is Rog, staying on top of the game ;-)

aka urway2slow
HAHAHAHA.. so am I busted? Oh well.. Good thing I didnt divulge ALL of my secrets... ;)

Perhaps you could be so kind as to use a little bit of discretion.. pretty please.. ;)

#11 ·
Can't go wrong with either really. I ran a NX kit before and had excellent results with it. Performed as advertised. I helped install a TNT kit on my friends LS1 and it performs as advertised as well. Both kits have the same size solenoids and appear to make RWHP. It's gonna come down to your preference. One note though, the TNT bottle heater sucks!

#14 ·
nx

#15 ·
StangNF350 said:
HAHAHAHA.. so am I busted? Oh well.. Good thing I didnt divulge ALL of my secrets... ;)

Perhaps you could be so kind as to use a little bit of discretion.. pretty please.. ;)

deffinately!! As long as I get a ride in it when it is done. I will also come watch/help with the install if you don't mind. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.