Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the NX Express 20922 work fine a 1988 Mustang GT converted over to mass air? Also are there any gotcha's in the install I should be looking out for.

Also what kits are you guys running and how big of a shot?

The Kit comes with the following

10lb. Bottle W/High Flow Valve
Heavy Duty Bottle Mounting Brackets
Lifetime Guaranteed Large Solenoids
Heavy Duty 40 Amp Anti-Flyback Relay
16 Foot Braided Feed Line
Nitrous Filter
Activation Switch & WOT Switch
Shark Nozzle
All neccessary jets for 35-150 HP settings
Complete detailed installation instructions

I know I will need a purge Im guessing, and what else. I live in Atlanta so I don't know If I would need a bottle warmer.

Thanks

·
15,477 Posts
May want to check the Power Adder forum too if you haven't already, just an FYI.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That is the same kit I just finished putting on my car two days ago. It will work with your car.

You don't NEED a purge at all, I have one but only got it because it was a slight bit more when I was ordering my genX2 upgrade.

I would suggest (just as I did), starting off with the 50hp jets and working your way up. I STRONGLY suggest getting a hobbs (aka fuel pressure safety) switch, and a fuel pressure guage. Keeping the fuel pressure in check is very important. You dont want to shoot pure nitrous into your car without the added fuel to match it (boom).

Bottle warmers are a good thing to have. After all, if you want it to run consistently every time, then you want the pressure to always be the same. I live in Houston, TX and I still got one for that reason (consistency).

Currently I have it jetted for 150hp, which should bring me to about 500rwhp (dyno'ing tommorrow) considering I made 371 naturally aspirated. If you go higher than 100 I'd suggest getting a 255lph fuel pump.

I also went all out and got a window switch as well. It is nice to be able to specify the rpm ranges you want the nitrous to be turned on. I would STRONGLY suggest you DO NOT spray below 2500rpm. Wet kits are notorious for puddling at low rpms and causing a big booming backfire. A window switch keeps this from happening and also keeps you from tagging the rev limiter while spraying (also very, very bad). I currently have my window switch set to activate the nitrous from 3000-5900 rpm (just below where I have my rev limiter set at currently).

You will LOVE it, the smile on your face may look rather stupid to bystanders though ;).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jon covered most everything.

I have my window switch set for 3000-5400rpm (stock engine, high miles).

My NX kit is actually an LS1 kit. One little fuel fitting and it was good to go. Most EFI nozzle kits are pretty universal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts