Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please gimme some advice.I just got through with a 306,50lb injectors,255 fuel pump,Novi 2k s/c etc etc.We got it to turn over tonight but it would not tach over 2k rpm and its was blowing out black smoke terribly.It still has the stock mass air and computer and I am supposed to be driving 3 hours Monday to get it tuned.Someone told me to go back to the 19lb injectors.Can anyone PLEASE lend some advice???????:confused:

·
Registered
337 Posts
can you get hold of an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to cut down the psi? that may make it more drivable until you can get a tune.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rbridges,that was also brought up and I dont know if I can.If I do,should I just leave the 50,s in until I get to the tune?My concern now is the mass air.Some said I could have it calebrated for the injecotrs,some say I cant

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just realized that you have the stock MAF. Your computer thinks you have 19# injectors and is making the 50s work like they're 19s. I don't think you could come close to making this driveable.

I know it's a royal pain in the rear, but I would stick the 19s back in (w/the FMU). Call your tuner and see if he can work with your 50s and stock MAF. I don't think it will work. Besides, you're going to want a larger diameter MAF to take advantage of you're supercharger. You may want to postpone the tune until you get a calibrated MAF

I have a C&L MAF but I've heard they're not the best to use with superchargers. Don't know for sure, just what I've read.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.I am going to call him in the am and see what he says.I just want to have "some" good power for Mustang week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts