Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much power are you making?

I see alot of you listing stock pulleys and insane numbers in your signatures. I'd like to get a list together so I can have an idea of what I'm going to make when I finally get my fuel pumps onto the car next week.

By the way the guy I bought my blower from was telling me there's a mod you can do to the bypass valve to make a little more boost? Is he smoking crack, or is there something you can do to it?

Thanks and can't wait to see your numbers! :D

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
See sig, my #'s are with a Vortech but the 2000 and JT-trim are almost identical in flow #'s.

·
Registered
468 Posts
with a stock pulley and and power pipe i was making 12-14psi at the most but with 14 i have made 468.5rwhp/420rwtq!! 16psi i made 491/443, good luck!! i have a 3.25" pulley for sale if you want it, you can make 13-16psi with that pulley with a power pipe!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
With the restrictor removed and the stock pulley I get 11 psi @ 6000 RPM at an altitude of just over 5000 feet. I don't have the exact numbers because I'm still playing with the tune and haven't had it on a dyno recently, but the last time I checked I was getting around 300 HP and 325 ft/lbs torque (those are very old numbers).:cool:

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The restrictor in the inlet tube must have been what the guy was talking about. I couldn't figure out what restrictor he meant until I just now picked up the rubber inlet hose and looked at it. That thing is ridiculous! Why the hell would I pay for a Novi 2000 which is an obviously enormous blower just to have a restrictor in it? Makes no sense to me. /rant off

NastyStage2, those are some GREAT numbers you have! I'd love to buy that pulley off ya, but from the numbers you guys are making with the stock pulley, it looks like I won't have sufficient MAF range or fuel for anything more than a stock pulley right now. Especially since I'm planning on spinning everything to about 6400-6500rpms.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
With the stock pulley and stock maf I made 10# of boost and 331rwhp, with the Lmaf I made 11# and 346rwhp, with the powerpipe I now make 12# and 368rwhp (also added a catted x-pipe) - all still on the stock pulley.

Other mods are in sig.

Keep in mind my automatic costs me 5% of rwhp or about 18rwhp.

Never used that joke of a restrictor.

·
Registered
228 Posts
420rwhp and 373rwtq on a stock block and unported heads

·
Registered
310 Posts
Patrick McCarty said:
The restrictor in the inlet tube must have been what the guy was talking about. I couldn't figure out what restrictor he meant until I just now picked up the rubber inlet hose and looked at it. That thing is ridiculous! Why the hell would I pay for a Novi 2000 which is an obviously enormous blower just to have a restrictor in it? Makes no sense to me. /rant off

NastyStage2, those are some GREAT numbers you have! I'd love to buy that pulley off ya, but from the numbers you guys are making with the stock pulley, it looks like I won't have sufficient MAF range or fuel for anything more than a stock pulley right now. Especially since I'm planning on spinning everything to about 6400-6500rpms.
Being rubber it should be easy to 'adjust out' the restrictor and with that built motor that you have you will be running out of MAF range at around 480RWHP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts