Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm finally to the point in my life where I can start thinking about a supercharger. I've narrowed it down to the 2k and the YS trim. What are your experiences at moderate boost levels with them (12-14 psi)? What kind of upgrades need to be done with the bypass/discharge setups (if any)? I will be running modded 30# injectors flowing 47.7#'s, a GSS340, and a GSL 392 pump, along with a TwEECer and dyno tuned once all is said and done.
Can I retain my A/C and P/S with both? I don't have a smog pump either. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've got a novi 2k and everything is still intact under the hood, including the smog. You may need to get a smog pump eliminator, but I don't know for sure.

I like mine, but your mods are out of my league. I know the 2k can handle up to 30# boost.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Happy with my 2K

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
If I had to do it all over again, I would give the Novi 2K a try.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi,

Power wise I believe they are about the same, especially at 12-14 psi level. I like the Novi a little better due to it's sturdier brackets and better tensioner set up, but you can't go wrong with either one IMO.

Hope this helps,
Jim

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Either one will do exactly what you want so you're pretty much splitting hairs. What sold me the most on the Novi was the bracketry and tensioner set up...much better than the Vortech pieces. With 12lbs of boost you will be fine with the bypass that comes in the N2K kit. You might want to upgrade to one of the better valves Vortech sells if you want to go higher, although I see many guys having no problems at 15psi with the stock piece. You can retain all your accessories no problem, but you will need a smog pump bypass to take the place of your pump (about $69 I believe from places like UPR)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts