Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my Novi 1K which will be installed by myself, couple quick questions on prep, I am replacing the plugs, and changing the tranny fluid & filter prior to the install. A local shop is going to burn the chip first from the generic paxton program since he is unable to get me in until mid July for the dyno tune. What I want to know is, how safe will it be to run with the chip for the first month without a tune? I assume it will be rich since I'm sure Paxton doesn't want cars blowing on their tune, Am I correct? also, what other prep would you due? I may throw U-Joints on during the install since I am up in mileage, My motor feels solid, no strange noises, Idles very well for a stang, and pulls a solid 21psi of vaccum at idle, and under load never fluctuates. I would hate not to get to try it out with it being on the car for a month, don't have that kind of willpower.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sounds like you have a plan. I still wouldnt beat on it too hard until you get tuned.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
had a thought, I'll run octane booster & 94 for added safety til the tune. That should at least give some detonation resistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.