Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I'm considering purchasing a nitrous kit for my Bullitt. I haven't been up to date in NOS lately...what are the best kits out there? Has anybody tried anything successfully on thier GT's, cobras, etc., they'd recommend? Right now I'm lookin at a the NOS Universal EFI, V-8 single fogger 75-150 adjustable kit (05131NOS). Any advice out there?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
For the 99+ returnless cars you can't use a regular dry kit (sold mostly by NOS and ZEX), they work by messing with the FPR to boost fuel pressure, which we do not have. You would need to run a wet kit (I use and sell NX) or get a dry kit spraying in front of the maf along with a dynotuned chip to make sure the fuel is right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thanks. Just curious though...would I be sacrificing anything in performance or reliability when using a wet kit over a dry? I'm worried about wet stacking in the intake and nitrous inducing backfires..or blowing apart airboxes, are these still problems with the wet kits?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
01Bullitt said:
Great thanks. Just curious though...would I be sacrificing anything in performance or reliability when using a wet kit over a dry? I'm worried about wet stacking in the intake and nitrous inducing backfires..or blowing apart airboxes, are these still problems with the wet kits?
If you don't spray below 3k or hit the rev limiter then you should never backfire. All the people I know who've backfired hit the limiter or had an existing problem such as a misfire off the nitrous.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Justin00V6Auto said:
If you don't spray below 3k or hit the rev limiter then you should never backfire. All the people I know who've backfired hit the limiter or had an existing problem such as a misfire off the nitrous.
Thank You! Ive been beating that to death to some people. I am glad someone else knows where i am coming from. So many people think wet kits are bad because of "backfires" which the only time it will happen is of course would be USER error.

An NX wet kit is a very good way to go. Another option would be an NOS NOSzle kit. You would need some type of intake spacer made for the upper part of your bullitt intake,shouldnt be expensive to machine, it is another option.

Now i can sleep in peace knowing that there is somebody else that agress with me on why backfires happen. :joy: :joy:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
90% of wet kit backfires are the people messing up, not the kit.

I wish all the people that swear wet kits are the devil would stop already. Too much mis-information.

·
Registered
42 Posts
01BULLIT,
This is my first post here, but I post a bit over at IMBOC.com. I also have a Bullitt (4861) and just recently purchased a nitrous kit from JMSchip.com. It's a custom dry kit that is adjustable from 50-125hp and uses compucar components. The kit very complete and includes colder spark plugs and an Autologic chip with 4 programs on it (2 n/a, 2 n20). One of the reasons I went with the kit was for the custom chip (this is also how fuel is controlled on a dry kit for our cars).
I just recently had LT's, o/r H-pipe, 4.10gears, and densecharger installed on the car. The chip will correct the speedo and remove the check engine light from the lack of cats. God willing, the kit will arrive in two more days. After that, I plan on getting dyno numbers, both on and off the juice. Look for the post over on the bullitt website (imboc.com) next week.
Btw, the kit cost $800 all inclusive. Check them out at JMSchip.com. If you call them, ask for Monty or Chris.

Brgds,
-Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great thanks. That sounds like a pretty solid recommendation, I think I'll start looking that direction. As for the user error on the wet kits...sounds risky to me. I can't afford replace my engine, or air box every month, even with user error, I'm not perfect...I already occasionally hit my rev limiter when running against people. The NOSzle kit looks awesome...just don't know about going through the effort of getting a spacer machined. That compucare dry kit looks like a great solution, and not a bad price either for a dry kit.

By the way...I'd love to see a post when you get your dyno...or even better some q/t times. You're Bullitt is going to be awesome. I'm heading to the track in Houston next Friday for the first time ever and practice...maybe go again and try for some really good times stock so I can see what kind of difference doing nothing but placing a 125 or 150 shot of nitrous will do. Thanks again for all the advice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No problem,
I can't wait for the dyno results either. As for the 1/4 mile times those will have to wait till spring. Track conditions here in Minnesota aren't always optimal in January. Besides they frown on tire chains at the local strip:D

-Tim

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
To eliminate the user error you need a window switch. Tagging rev limiters while spraying a dry kit is not a good thing either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Amen Brother! That's why I'm getting one of those as well (also a fuel pressure safety switch). You can never be too safe:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts