Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to install a small shot of NOS to my 96 cobra. Im currently running 8lbs of boost on s trim vortech. Any recommendations on how much of a shot would be safe. Just for that little kick of extra power?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Motor will just go boom.. Just add more boost.. Put a better fuel setup and just cross your fingers..

·
Registered
71 Posts
nitrous and boost...

should be a good combination because of the extreme temperature drop of the intake charge when N2O vaporizes...

like an intercooler, but BETTER!

more POWER!!!!!!!
:joy: :joy: :joy:

·
Registered
67 Posts
if you want more power step up the boost bit, its cheaper than filling nitrous bottles. N20 will not make it go boom if its done right and tuned very well. Because of the cooling effect of the N2O, you could gain 50 hp off a 30 shot and it will lower your chance of detonation. Just make sure the fuel system is up to snuff, thats the area you definently don't want to skimp on. Detonation is your real enemy, but even without it, the stock rods and hyper-junk pistons can only take so much.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So I could do this on my 500rwhp application and put lets say a 30shot on and gain close to 50rwhp and not risk blowing anything up, as long as I have enough fuel..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts