Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here running the NOS 5116 "dry" kit? If so, how do you like it? I see that NOS also has a new universal "wet" kit for EFI engines (NOS 5131 Kit). Does anyone have any experience or info on either of these systems? I know that most of you use the NX kit but I can get a good deal on NOS. Thanks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I had the 5116 kit for a little while. It was a bad experience. I will never deal with NOS again. To make a long story short, I had to re-solder every electrical connection because they failed to crimp them properly. I had to replace 2 faulty window switches. I finally had to file a complaint with the California Attorney General before I ever got my money back for a defective kit. It's one thing to have a few bad kits, but it's another thing to lie to a customer and refuse support.

But now I'm blown, so I'm even happier.
(Vortech has MUCH better support btw)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can't Agree

I can't agree with what you said about NOS's support. When i called about my 05116 kit for my Cobra they were very helpfull and actually went out of their way to help resolve my problem(Voltage on TPS was set .09 volts too high). I think that the kit is top quality though, the only problem I encountered was one of the connectors was missing, but i just hardwired it in. I am seeing great performance with my kit so far. My brother has a modifyied '02 Lightning that runs 12's, with just the nitrous kit(not even a K&N filter) I am able to run right with him. I would definietly recommend the kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts