Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although i do have an 88 5.0 lx :) this is about a 92 mercury topaz...if anyone can help..Im working on a 92 Mercury Topaz...originally it was overheating....i checked the compression...the 2 cylinders on the passeger side were low on compression more than 40 % compared to the other 2 cylinders.....so i figured it to be a blown head gasket....i changed the head gasket and NOW when i started up the car it ran beautiful but it has milky oil...im assuming that its water in the oil....how could this have happened? Any ideas on a fix....thankyou for the help!

- Archie

·
Registered
320 Posts
start by changing your head gasket. no compression in 2 cylinders, milky oil (yes, that is coolant in your oil)... Prime suspect... head gasket!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply...I did change the head gasket....THEN thats when the milky oil began....before changing head gasket the car was pushing water out of the tailpipe and overheating...i changed the head gasket and now there is milky oil...could i have installed it misaligned? there are no guide dowel pins so maybe it slid or something when installing the head....now, if i were to re-do everything, do i need to buy yet another head gasket or could i use the one i just installed? thanks again!

- Archie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts