Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my car keeps dying on me and it is pissing me off. I just get it back from the body shop and its doing this. Also, since I got it back from the shop, my speedo doesn't work. I've checked the VSS plug and it is still hooked up. I've checked my calibrator and everything seems good to go, but it ain't workin'. Also, there were over 4 miles taged on my car before the speedo quit working while it was at the shop. I'm thinking one of those mechanics took it for a little "joy ride" and didn't hook up the speedometer back, where ever he unhooked it from. Is the speedometer not working causing my car to die when I push in the clutch when coming to a stop? It'll do this almost everytime. I cleaned out the IAC and that didn't help. This is makin' me mad!! I can't even enjoy my newly fixed car 'cus now it doesn't run right!! Oh, the misery of it all....

-

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Your car is dying because of the inop speedo. The idle air bypass will not work without a VSS signal. Fix the speedo and all your problems will be over. What compensator did you use? Different driven gear, SHM mechanical compensator, or an electronic adapter?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an electric speedo calibrator from Dallas Mustang. It works great WHEN THE SPEEDOMETER IS WORKING!!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
crap, figures... OK, I'm the one that designed it. What exactly is it doing? Is it totally inop? Is it paritally operative, IE drops out at higher speeds?

[edit] email me at [email protected] . no need wasting bandwidth on troubleshooting a SpeedCal (plus its easier on me just checking emails...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts