Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished changing my valve covers and I sarted up my car and noticed abour a minute later that my oil press. guage is showing no pressure at all.....below the l and it doesnt move...before taking off the valve covers and putting the new ones on I had very high oil press. which stayed close to the A normal...it now doesnt move at all from the off position to after I turn the car on...all the other guages work and im pretty sure I have pressure I just want to be on the safe side and check....so how would i do that

I know the factory guage isnt very accurate or reliable especially after 17 years, but im still concerned that some how something might have happened...

·
Registered
320 Posts
find someone with a spare oil press guage and steel braided line, hook it up to where your oil press guage is and look at it. but, if you have a mechanical guage, very little can go wrong with it.

--thats what i would do, im sure someone here has a much better idea. i have a spare oil press guage laying around, too bad your 8 hours away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts