Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 10 inch PPI's in a ported box.. powered by an rockford fozgate 200M.. pounds good.. i got 2 6inch eclipse's in the doors w/ capacitors on them, two 5x7 mach460's in the rear and 2 tweets on the dash.. i get very very little midrange... i cant really tune my ported box/amp to get any.. i cant fit 6x9's in the back or in the doors.. im just rambling.. any suggestions? i have another amp powering my door speakers btw.. they make awesome high range.. no pounding mid tho..

·
Registered
404 Posts
What size caps are you using? Since you said "pounding" I'm guessing you're missing allot of the midbass probably.

For the 6-1/2's probably should be using a 100 micro farad cap or maybe a little more so it will start to roll off 6db's below 100-110hz.

A pair of decent 6's and the 5X7's or whatever you've got in the back "should" be able to get you plenty of midrange but I hoestly wouldn't expect allot of midbass. Depends on what you consider as "allot" though.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I know this thread is long dead, but a good headunit will make A LOT of difference. One with built-in crossovers and an equalizer. Tune it until you like it. You could also remove the caps on your door speakers with a HU with a crossover.

I highly recommend the KDC-X815 by Kenwood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts