Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
It made me sad, as these auctions usually do, knowing its probably some boob with too much money that will just keep it in his airplane hangar and rub it with a diaper.

On a side note if you are a fan of such things I just watched a dramatization about Steve McQueen's initial search for the car called Chasing Bullitt. Good flick! A bit of an Oliver Stone feel to it but not as zany as The Doors was.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Over priced just like the movie being over idolized. Movie was mediocre and the car is not that special. Cut away everything but the chase from the movie and it's a pile of MEH. Then look close at the chase and it's so-so at best with just aweful editing and the same action from 3 or 4 different angles. They pass the same VW 3 or 4 times and cut the same corner just as much. They took like 3 minutes of actual footage from multiple cameras and made a long chase scene. It's just a green Mustang with torque thrusts driven in a movie. Nothing particularly special. Don;t get me wrong I enjoyed the scene, but the carrying on about it for literally decades is unbelievable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts