Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I been working on this for months with no resolve.
98 Mustang GT
Last winter I had the radiator replaced at a shop. Old one had a hole in it.
This spring turned on the AC and only blows hot air. Put in refrigerant only to notice the ac compressor never kicked on. Changed the pressure switch (cant remember what it was called) still no good. Jumped the wires on that plug and compressor came on. Then my car overheated while I was messing with it. Realized the radiator fan never kicks on, and now the ac compressor kicks on and off with the motor running and ac on high.

So now I'm at the AC compressor going on and off and radiator fan never coming on causing overheating eventually.

Im a single working dad and cant afford a mechanic right now, but at the same time I dont want my son riding in this 100 degree weather!

If anyone has any input it would be MUCH appreciated!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not sure on the 98 but my 01 has a resistor that kicks in the low speed fan. Mine was broken and the low speed fan wouldn't kick in and the a/c wouldn't work. It's on the fan shroud top right side(passenger)has two wires going in it. But my high speed fan still worked... Try that it might be the problem.

WooSaa

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I'm not sure on the 98 but my 01 has a resistor that kicks in the low speed fan. Mine was broken and the low speed fan wouldn't kick in and the a/c wouldn't work. It's on the fan shroud top right side(passenger)has two wires going in it. But my high speed fan still worked... Try that it might be the problem.
WooSaa
Where did you get a replacement resistor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

WooSaa
Awesome, I will check that asap. Thanks again for replying!!!

Edit, you know I remember looking at what I think is what you are talking about and if i remember right the wire covering was a little broke. Will look more!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you jump the compressor off past relay it will not engage the fan because the circuit doesn't know the compressor has been energized thus not switching the relay power to fan?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts