Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me get this straight i can't go faster than 13.9 in my vert without a cage?? how fast can i go with a cage :) Also how strictly is that inforced? ;)

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Depends on the tech at your track. Technically your supposed to have a 5pt roll bar (most go with 6pt) in a vert going faster than 13.99. The 5/6pt will be good enough to 10.00. At 11.99 you will need to add the harness and jacket.

Troy

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
What Troy said. I thought it was 12.99 for a cage (8pt) & harness in a vert.
I have gone 13.90 in my vert and HRP did not say anything, I think they saw the light bar and thought it was a roll bar.

·
Registered
455 Posts
yeah, its 12.99

and they let my friends run with their light bar (rollbar ;) )

just get some damn PVC piping and mount that **** in :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i don't need a cage till i hit 12.9?? that sounds more reasonable :)

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
i'd think 12.99 too . 13.9 would be alittle too slow to require a rollbar, otherwise anyone with a H/I car would need a rollarbar....i plan on getting kicked out this season though :) ! hopefully they wont notice...or more so, i hope i do break 12. 9!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
You will need a roll bar at 13.99 or faster.
A cage at 11.99 or faster in a vert.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So basically all these newer cars like say vette, camaro verts and did they make cobra verts? box stock can't run at the track without a roll bar? Wow that sucks :(

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So basically all these newer cars like say vette, camaro verts and did they make cobra verts? box stock can't run at the track without a roll bar? Wow that sucks :(

So Don when you break into the 10's your gonna have to do a 10 point cage? Kinda takes away from the fun/looks of a vert don't it?

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Yep, many stock cars are illegal, but FWIW, I ran mid to low 13's NA and NEVER had a cage and never got booted - and I run at one of the pickiest NHRA tracks - National Trails. When they ask you at tech what'll it run, either say you don't know (this is technically true) or it'll run 14's (which is also true - it can do 16's 15's and 13's...:D ).

The only time I was booted was when I went 11.6 a couple of years ago and didn't have a fire coat. Heck I still run stock seat belts and have never been called on it, even at NMRA.

I'll never have a 10 point cage in my car - If I ever do run tens, and get booted, I'll drop the boost so it slows down. I don't see that happening though, because I'm happy where I am. I have no reason to go faster.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WOW contentment in a mustang owner... thats a rare thing, im impressed! i agree about the ten point thing though. I too would like to get as close to 10.9 as i can. Hopefully at that point i will be content also ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
My friend runs 12.8 - 13.0 in his 1994 convertible all day long, but he has a light bar. This is at Houston Raceway Park. So I guess that's good enough to fool them.

Once you make it past the tech booth, you hardly ever get stopped after you run unless you are a low, low E/T. At least at HRP, that's the way it is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts