Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Ive been doing some looking around and getting different stories on how strong or weak the stock 28 spline axles are. Am I going to break my axles launching on my 275 Nittos? I'm not looking for record breaking 60' times, but I would like to get better than 2.4 60' times.

Also, which brand axles do you recomend?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I highly recommend superior axles. I drag raced my car for over 3 years on nitto's and was cutting 60's in the mid 1.7's and didn't have a problem, others haven't been as lucky.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I've raced mine a few times a year since '97 on stock axles. The last three have been on ET Streets. Low 1.7 and high 1.6 60' pretty consistant. As long as I don't go to low 1.6 60s mine should be fine. I do plan on swaping to 33 spline Mosers and a spool once the new motor is in though.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will probably go with superior axles when I do uprade. So I should be ok for a while launching on the stockers?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I dont have the power you do, but I am running ET streets on mine and pulling high 1.7's low 1.8's on stock axles for now. But is always hard to say, like Down said, they could go boom anytime

Good Luck

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that I'm going to take my chances for a while, but I will need them sooner or later. My diff. is on it's way out, so I will do axles and a new diff at the same time. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts