Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Nitto 555R 315/35/17's fit on my 17 x 9 Cobra R's safely? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
A guy in our Mustang club just put those tires on his 03 Cobra with 17x9" wheels and they fit fine he said...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
While we are on this topic, do any other companies make drag radials besides Nitto and BFG? I saw one from Yokohama, but it looked more like a roadrace tire...

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I think a company called McCreary makes some, but good luck finding any information about them...I could only find articles mentioning them...

Hoosier makes the Quicktime DOT tire and Mickey Thompson makes the Sportsman...both are treaded tires...

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
ya the Nitto 315s will fit on the 17x9 fine but the BFG brand 315s would be too large! i would just stick w/the proven 2 brands of Nitto and BFG, u can't go wrong....just determine which is more for you! the BFGs will be sticker but won't last as long and the Nittos won't hook as hard but will last you prolly twice as long.....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What about Mickey's ET streets?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The ET Streets are a drag race tire that is DOT approved. They are a bias ply tire. You wouldn't want to get caught out in a rain with them.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Learn sth new everday - I didn't know they weren't good in the rain..

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
The best I've gotten was a 1.92, but I couldn't do a burn out to save my life last year (line lock going on for this year)

I've seen guys get into the low 1.6's high 1.5's with the BFG's on Fox body cars...they have to be almost worn all the way through though, no tread left...that's when the BFG's really start hooking...

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The 60 foot times really have a lot to do with track preparation. I have wore out two sets of drag radials on my 96 cobra - one set of Nittos and one of BFG's with over 600 passes on the drag radials, a few on the stock radials, a handful on ET Streets and ET Drags. The AVERAGE sixty foot time on drag radials for me at four different tracks would be 1.92-1.94.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Anyone know what is going on with the 18" dr's Nitto is supposed to be coming out with for applications other than trucks?

Something like a 285-295/35/18......

L8r

·
Registered
509 Posts
Purple Haze said:
Anyone know what is going on with the 18" dr's Nitto is supposed to be coming out with for applications other than trucks?

Something like a 285-295/35/18......

L8r
Discount Tire did a poll I think a while back, and said they may be out sometime in the near future. I dont know if they will really work well though?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts