Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of doing a small shot of nos is it safe to do 50-100 shot of nos with 75000 miles if so where can i get a kit

95 gt my mods 3.73, cold air intake, pullies, short throw, hypertech chip, 160 stat, headers, off road h pipe, flowmaster

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think you should be alright. I have almost the same mods as you do, and I have about 90,000 miles on my car, and I've run into no problems.

The kit I'm using is the NOS #05115, highly recommended. It's a 75hp dry kit, and very easy to install. I bought it from summit for about $470, quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else I found.

Andy

P.S. As a safety precaution, before doing nitrous, go to http://www.jdsperformance.com and order yourself a Walbro 190lph in-tank fuel pump for ~100 bucks. Nitrous+Lack of fuel=Kaboom!

Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why do i have to remove the chip what will it do to the car

·
Registered
704 Posts
Because the that chip advances your timing, and timing curve. Which is a very bad thing with NOS. When you get nos you have to retard your initial timing a little. 1-2 degrees dependent on the shot size. I would check out those NX nitrous kit, they are a wet system and there hp are rated in rwhp. they looked good to me, but i never tried a NX kit...
Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info i was looking at the dry system made by zex it is adjustable from 75- 125 i sawl the instalation on tv it looks extremely easy like 2 hrs does anyone know about it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why do i have to remove the chip what will it do to the car

·
Registered
59 Posts
NOS

i run a nirtous works 13007 wet kit on a mostly stock motor with 78,000 miles. I have it jetted for a 100 shot and the only problem i have is that i want more. Already odered the kit to go 125, 150, 175 and will order the fuel system to match. once i got the system straightened out { a kinked nos line caused by a carless friend helping with the install and a lack of hood clearence if you follow the instructions to my kit to the letter and have a stock GT hood. I am now very happy with my kit but am cursed with the MORE syndrome. It also creates a guessing game as to what your stock components can handle. Nitrous has only cost me a clutch so far but I got a new centerforce out of thr deal so it wasn't all bad.:lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
When you put the kit on, make sure you get a FP guage and a hobbs switch if your kit doesn't come with one. The switch will not allow your nitrous to flow unless the adequate fuel pressure is there. Very good insurance...it has saved me a few times.

Spikes95GT, you should be running faster than 14.0. I was in the same boat as you (60' times sucked majorly), but managed to get the 60' down to 2.2 and I'm currently at 13.5. You should be around the same.

Oh and George2891, if you're not running faster than 14.0 with the kit, you need a new car :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with my mods i am already running a 14.1 with a 2.118 60 but o think i am going to get some drag radials that should help alot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blueneonman i like the web site some pics would rock

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oh yeah George I forgot a couple things.

Bring your spark plugs down to a .032 gap. And bring your timing down 2 degrees for every 50 hp of nitrous.

The nos #05115 kit comes with a fuel pressure safety switch, although I would recommend still getting an LED A/F monitor guage.

And, yes, the chip has to go.

Andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts