Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car I bought came with the Nitrous Works 13007 wet kit with the power wing nozzle in the intake tube before the throttle body. I've tried searching the internet, but I cannot find a jet chart for this particular system. The previous owner said that it was jetted for a 125 shot, but when I go and use it, the result is less than stellar. There is a slight jump in power, but nothing even close to what it should be. I've checked all the usual suspects, but everything, including bottle pressure, is in order. The bottle was full when I bought the car and the previous owner said that he had never hit it (inherited the car from his father). I pulled the jets out to look at the size and the fuel side is a 31, but the numbers on the nitrous side are hard to read and it's either a 53 (which when compared to other brands charts should be close) or 33 (which would be too small).

Does anyone know if there is a brand out today that has pills that fit this kit? Can anyone confirm the pill sizes for a 125 and 150 shot?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
over the years, ive found this site to be fairly helpful with off the wall jetting when nothing else is available... Nitrous Oxide fuel Jet size and HP Calculator nos n2o

according to it, 900# bottle pressure 55N and 31F with 39 psi fuel should be around 116 to the tires 137 at the crank. looks like a true 150 to the tires would be more like 63N and 36F.

i dont remember what jets they used... do you have a pic of jets? do they look like these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Work-For-Nitrous-Jet-Fits-NX-ZEX-Compucar-Nitrous-Works-8PCS/263962378961?hash=item3d756242d1:g:1hIAAOSwE7lbreqV:rk:20:pf:0

a set of calipers may be in order.

before you start jacking around with jetting, i would make sure of a few things.
1. make sure the nitrous pressure is 900+
2. make sure you have at least a 155lph fuel pump
3. make sure the fittings throughout the system are not blocking any orifaces.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
to clarify what im saying above. ive had a situation before where a shot didnt feel right (kit was second hand), when i took it all apart, i found thie fitting was incorrect and threaded in so far it was blocking the ports in the noid and basically cutting the capacity in half...

image by boostdcoupe, on Flickr

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
after finding that i disassembled the whole kit and inspected/blueprinted it, before reassembly and use...

image by boostdcoupe, on Flickr

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
over the years, ive found this site to be fairly helpful with off the wall jetting when nothing else is available... Nitrous Oxide fuel Jet size and HP Calculator nos n2o

according to it, 900# bottle pressure 55N and 31F with 39 psi fuel should be around 116 to the tires 137 at the crank. looks like a true 150 to the tires would be more like 63N and 36F.

i dont remember what jets they used... do you have a pic of jets? do they look like these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Work-For-Nitrous-Jet-Fits-NX-ZEX-Compucar-Nitrous-Works-8PCS/263962378961?hash=item3d756242d1:g:1hIAAOSwE7lbreqV:rk:20:pf:0

a set of calipers may be in order.

before you start jacking around with jetting, i would make sure of a few things.
1. make sure the nitrous pressure is 900+
2. make sure you have at least a 155lph fuel pump
3. make sure the fittings throughout the system are not blocking any orifaces.
The jets look like the ones you posted. Are all jets that look like that the same external size and taper?

1. Yes, bottle pressure was above 900 psi according to the bottle gauge.
2. I'm not sure what size fuel pump is in the tanks, but it was upgraded in 2005 by the previous owner. I'm not joking, the receipt I have is hand written from a shop in Florida where the car used to be. For the price it should be at least a 155lph.
3. I will check that next chance I get.

Thanks for your detailed response!

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
The jets look like the ones you posted. Are all jets that look like that the same external size and taper?
the taper should all be the same (due to them all using the same type of AN hose/fitting being the sealing point), however, the base of the jet (where it slides into the jet holder) i have seen in different diameters, this is where the calipers i mentioned may come in handy to ensure your getting the proper size. IIRC the ones i linked on ebay SHOULD be the correct diameter, since their listing mentions specific makes of kits... Nitrous Works being one of the ones listed. also, if you didnt want to buy that many jets, i believe there are guys with ebay auctions for fewer jets, but you can still pick from an assortment.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not sure if your still looking

HP. N2O. Fuel. Psi

25. 24. 18. 38
16. 50

50. 33. 25. 38
22. 50

75. 42. 28. 38
26. 50

100. 55. 31. 38