Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of running the Fuel Jet for a 150hp setting with the Nitrous jet from a 125hp setting together. This would run it real rich on the juice, and what I was thinking was it would let me run about 15-16 degrees of timing and not have to retard it on the juice.

Anyone done this before?

Skyler

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
i woudlnt use it... the factory jets are usually conservative... just follow there directions! better yet get a msd timing controller.

·
Premium Member
14,998 Posts
Somebody already told you the truth, out of the box the N2O kits are jetted fuel fat because the average back yarder is too lazy to tune them properly.

ALl the extra fuel will only make it push raw gas out the tail pipes. Not to mention prevent anywhere near normal combustion. Set the thing to 10 degrees and run the 150 shot. Ensure the bottle pressure is at 900 psi. You can tune your N2O set up,

Ideal tuning usually involves runnning a leaner jet and adding a little timing back in. If your running forged pistons do a plug check at the end of each pass, look (With a magnafying glass (plug reader)) for the tell tale specs of aluminum stuck to the porcalin. THems bits of your piston. Decrease fuel jet size one pass at a time, then up the timming one pass at a time. When you hit the aluminum specs back up one setting adn enjoy.

If they are hyper pistons.... stay conservative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts