Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my combo, should I get it or shouldnt I?

What is a safe amount of a shot to shooot on my stock bottom end 302?

and if possible, does anyone know of a good setup that you could recommend?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any other thoughts before i purchase a system?..i really have no idea which one to get though

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've always heard not to go over 100. but since you guys are saying 125-150 i might reconsider....would that much mess up my engine?

·
Registered
7,752 Posts
100 shot will run great and blow some carbon out :)

my car actualy ran better after its first few shots of giggle gas :)

I'm guessing you have an 87 (your name) and you should have forged pistons. a 150 shot shouldn't hurt anything as long as you upgrade your fuel and ignition needs.

I threw my SHO's old kit on my stang when it had 83k miles. It now has 138k on the shortblock and its still running great! Just tune everything right.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've upgraded to a Crane Hi-6 (is that what you mean by iginition upgrade) and what kind of fuel pump (gph) would i need ?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ne one?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'd do at least a Holley black fuel pump. But if it were me, I'd do Aeromotive and do it only once. Don't forget a decent filter and regulator.

For intake I would do a low rise single plane. For a 302 you can't beat a Weiand Xcelerator. Dual planes promote uneven nitrous, and MORE importntly, fuel distribution.

Nitrous? I'd lean towards a Nitrous Express system.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if i break my motor with 100shot then its definatly time to hurry up with my 347 project...lol..anyways

i heard that my intake is not good for nitrous..i know someone here has to have had NOS with a dual plane successfully...or should i just not consider it at all..?

·
Registered
7,752 Posts
If you are worried about breaking something on your motor DO NOT PUT POWER ADDERS ON YOUR CAR.

You WILL break something sooner or later.
[/QUOTE]

Everything breaks eventualy. it just depends on how much fun you want to have till that happends :)

I ran about 30 10lb bottles throu my SHO and never once had a problem. Just don't get greedy and learn the limits of what equipment you have to run.

I've ran so much in my mustang and I've never had a problem either other than ripping the teeth off 3rd gear and frequent rear tire replacement. One weekend I went through 3 bottles!!

Sum87mustang: your ignition system is great for nitrous.

you'll also want to run a 1 step colder than stock plug. for your trickflow heads you'll want an autolite 3924 gaped at about .35-.37

I'm not sure which fuel pump to recommend for a carb application.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its mostly a project car since it sits at home everday except weekends... neone got ne fuelpump help for me... i'll probably end up running just 100shot but is it ok with my intake...as stated above somewhere, it was recommeneded not to run a dual plane.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Im running a 351w with a edelbrock performer rpm intake with a holley 750dp. Im also using a caca top shot n.o.s nitrous system which sits above the carb. Ive ran the car like this for 3 years with GREAT results. I think that intake works great with nitrous! If the air flows evenly through all the runners, why wouldnt the nitrous??? I dont see how its bad for nitrous??

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i also fail to see how the dual plane wouldnt work with nitrous. Airflow's unevenly??? are there any articles we could read to back that up?

OR do others have the dual plane with nitrous as well with good/great results?

·
Registered
7,752 Posts
you could always just get a pro-fogger system and put a nossle in each runner :)

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
so I have been thinking abut using nitrous on my car as well. I have a lot of knowledge about nitrous. I have actually used it before. I have one question how much does it cost to get the bottle refilled? I never had to worry about refilling my bottles when I was using nitrous before as the place i worked at sponsered me and they paid the bill. I'm on my own now and was just curious. I am trying to decide between a s/c or nitrous on my car. The amount of the cost of refilling a bottle and how much the extra bottles cost will help me decide in which way i go. Thank yu for your help..... Sorry to hijack your thread sum87

·
Registered
345 Posts
It depends where you get it filled. I usually get it filled all the way up and run it a little down passed half full and get it filled again which is about $15-20

·
Registered
7,752 Posts
my local guy sells it to me for the same it costs for him to get it.

it varies from 2.50 to 3$ a lb

other shops around here charge 4.50-5$!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts