Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at different Nitrous kits and have a general question. What is the major performance difference between a plate and nozzle set up? I have never really looked into spray so any information would be helpful.

Also if any has sprayed there car what was the actual numbers on the car before and after.

Also any before and after track times. Thanks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
From my experience, the nozzle is just fine for 50-150 shots. When you want to run more than a 150 shot, the plate or fogger kits seem to be the kit of choice.

Plate kits are said to have better distribution and mixture of the nitrous and fuel. It makes sense if you put some thought into it; a nozzle has a more limited "distribution area" as it is just a small hole that is designed to "fan out" the n20/fuel mix. The plate kits typically use a bar or the circumference of the plate to more evenly distribute the n20/fuel mixture.

Again, a nozzle works great for moderate applications (in my experience), but the plate gives you, perhaps, more consistent mixtures and distribution.

My stock 88 had only an exhaust and a 150 shot. Went 11's like clockwork on an ET Street. I never got it tracked with the 200-225 shot, but the car sure did well in the Mexican street racing circuit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a '11 Auto w/ a JMS Dry kit (mine was made from my left over parts, but they make new kits) I personally don't like spraying fuel through a manifold made for air only so went with the dry kit, but for the amount of nitrous that a stock shortblock will take It won't matter if a wet kit is Plate(like NX) or nozzel(like ZEX). Also on '11-12's "dry" has the added advantage of keeping the factory wideband O2's active. Same day dyno: stock w/ tune 364rwhp ??? I forget torque; with .062 jet(125 hp) it did 476rwhp and 504 torque. These #'s are with no other mods at all down to the paper airfilter. Same day 1/8th mile passes, on 265/40/18 M/T Drag radials: [email protected] 1.81 60'(had been [email protected] but it was much cooler that night and no N2O time then). [email protected]+ 1.96 60' the nitrous time is leaving then spraying after rpm's got above 3k. Circle D converter ordered(delivered,not installed yet) to get spraying sooner. Car still has the stock 3.15 gears. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, will probably go with the plate system. I like the idea of a the plate seems more consistent on the mixture from all the reading I have done. I am not knocking the jet systems and I have not found anyone disappointed with either system. So long as I keep it around 100-150 shot I cannot see any real issues.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
If you get a wet system be sure to have a fire extinguisher in your car when you use the nitrous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts