Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was setting my car up for a blower, but now I am having second thoughts. Here is why. This is with everything below and fuel: pump (190), maf (ProM 77), regulator (Kirban), injectors(also need help 30/36/42???), and AFR 185's, forged pistons, cam. I think the car would be running pretty quick. With nitrous, I could try to beat others on motor, but if I need a little extra, I could hit the juice. I was sold on a Vortech T-trim, but I think with it being on all the time, maintenance, and other issues, nitrous might be better. Also, nitrous is a hell of alot cheaper and I could get it soon. D*mn instant gratification!!! I am thinking of a shot between 150-200(after heads, etc)--100 on stock heads. I would like your input on my application--any opinion is welcomed. Thanks. :joy:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I say go for the nitrous... like you said its instant gratification :D
but then again I'm kinda biased ......:p

·
Registered
452 Posts
Brian95GT said:
Also, nitrous is a hell of alot cheaper and I could get it soon. D*mn instant gratification!!!
Nitrous is cheaper up front, BUT do not forget all the tank refills. These can quickly add up and surpass the price of a supercharger. I would do the blower. The blower does not always have to be on, on many you can simply remove the drive built to disable the blower.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Stay with the blower idea. It is always there when you need it and since it sounds like you are building a good motor it will really wake up with some boost. Remember opions are a dime a dozen. Do what makes you happy since there is more than one way to go fast.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Can't beat NOS for the money.

Its really up to you!

Less money now, more later.......or more money now, none later.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I say go with the nitrous, I had a 150 shot on a compleatly stock motor, and never had any problems. Now I have a P1SC Procharger on it and it is slower and breaks stuff all the time. And with the blower being their all the time you get used to it and the car starts to feel slow to you cause you get used to it. But, I have invested $3300 in the supercharger and started building the motor for it, so im gona stick to it. It just depends how much money you want to spend. You can go fast with either.

Charger=More money

Nitrous=Less money

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I second on the N20.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'm going to go with the nitrous though. It's a lot cheaper to get started and an easier install and as you said "Instant gratification" and only when you need it. Plus if you change you mind later you can always take it off and sell it with a minimal loss compared to the supercharger. I vote for N2O.................

·
Registered
704 Posts
power advantage

Nos is nice because
with you hit the button at like 2500rpm your torque skyrockets to like 400lbs,
vs with they blower they have to build boost so like at 2500 you would make like 280
I didn't learn that until after I bought my blower.....
if you are a drag racer nos is the way to go, road racer supercharger.
the hp is about the same either way, but the torque hit lower rpm more with nos.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the replies. Just a couple more questions for you. If I did go with the nitrous, is it necessary to go over 24lb injectors? I know with a blower, it would be and the fuel setup may have to come later. Also, with nitrous, should the fuel system be upgraded first? What about my computer? Is that going to act up? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does nitrous have any negative effects on my engine for example the piston rings? I have heard many people say that it affects the rings and pistons. If it does, I will wait for my engine rebuild.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Just don't spray more than 150hp on stock piston setup, I would buy a wet nos system. Then you will not have to worry about having bigger injectors, and your injectors will last longer due to not having to spike the fuel pressure.

As far as wear and tear, I sprayed my stock enigne with 150hp dry system for probably 2years and now am rebuilding the engine at 135,000.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts