Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 cobra and would like to use a 125 wet kit. I would like to know which kits you reccommend and have used as well as what else should be doen.. fuel system etc.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I second that idea plus add a window switch. 94/95 came with 24lb/hr injectors from the factory it I'm not mistaken, so those should get you by. Possibly add a larger in-tank fuel pump and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just installed a NX kit, purge, bottle warmer, and window switch on my car. It's a very nice kit. The quality is definately better than NOS. I've only given it a quick test on the street just to make sure everything was working right so I don't have any ET's or MPH numbers to compare but I can say that so far I am very impressed with NX. A NX 100 shot is like other companies 125 since they rate theirs at the rear wheels instead of the flywheel. I've done alot of research and many people are running a 100 shot with NX kits with stock fuel systems. I plan on running a 100 shot on my stock fuel system. I hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am wary about the stock fuel system because nitrous is an additive to the air that makes the fuel burn more quickly, without the proper amount of fuel you can run too lean and blow your engine

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
I would run a GSS 340 255 lph in tank pump with an adjustable regulator. There is a fuel pressure drop when the nitrous is activated. This drop will be more dramatic with a stock 80 lph in tank pump.
I agree the NX kits are superior. I made 300 rwhp all motor in my black coupe, then turned on the 150 shot and made 470 rwhp. My engine is very efficient with nitrous, but I also think that if you use a nitrous retard and pull the timing out of the advance rather than change your initial, it seems to work a little better. I also like the GenX 2 kit, I have that on the coupe as well. The window switch is just good, safe thinking.
I think you will like this kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts