Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 88 GT 5spd stock everything. I'm building a carbed 393 for it so I have no love left for the stock 302. I've got the dry shot on her now, and am going to start upping the shot until she gives up the ghost. Hoping to see what the best 1/4 mile time I get before a piston cracks into 23 pieces.

I think I can hit 11's. My friend concurs, but only believes once.

What's the highest shot do you think I'll make, and the lowest et?

This is the ultimate one-glory-run!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
BOOM--- You have a 88 LPH Fuel pump (Stock) in that car, and the injectors and the pump is probably not in the best working order after 16 years. Plus the bearings, rods, etc...

You can destroy more than just a motor with a Engine Explosion at mid track. If you throw a few rods, the parts can go into a tire and kill it. You could hit a wall from the result.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have heard of people running 11.9's with 150 shot. A few poeple actually. Stock motor plus a fuel pump. Sticky tires and gears. The highest I've heard is a 200 shot, and the man ran it repeatedly. Can't remember times though. He got greedy and tried a 250 shot ONCE and it blew. I have never seen higher than a 200 shot ran more than once, and I have done lot's of research :lol: Thats why I am going to run a 100 on the street and a 150 at the track. Try a 200 first, and see if you can be the first to make it a 250 shot on a stock long block. Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts