Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with this thread, but do you have a picture of your car with the chrome bullit wheels? I was thinking about getting them, and I would like to see what they look like. Thanks!

·
Registered
864 Posts
With overdrive off, you are just limiting the transmission from shifting into 4th gear. It wont effect your acceleration whatsoever. However, the 4th gear OD band is supposedly a lot weaker than 3rd so you might want to lock it out just to be safe....what kind of shot are you running?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow, a question I can actually answer

now I think it matters if you have gears but that's a different story.. but I can tell you on my car with the 4.10's as I spray my 150 shot I will go through the lights at 12.2 at 111 mph.. thats at 6300 rpms.. .pretty high seeing on my dyno sheet I start to really loose power around 5100 rpms.. One would almost think to shift into 4th and see what would happen

I did.. I went a 12.8 at 107.. pretty much once you do shift into overdrive it falls on its face.. my 60 ft and 1/8 mile were dead on for another 12.2 pass so I can really only blame it on that O/D
I believe that the gear ratio really is just made for an overdrive gear.. not for racing

·
Registered
6 Posts
definitely take of the overdrive man...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts